Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Befuddled
I know the words that the letters spell out
but I can't make them lie down on the page
can't force them to spell out the howling
can't reason with them to gel

they used to gel
they used to flow right out of me
like I wasn't in control of them
(Willow possessed by the gypsy)
like they used me for a conduit

maybe I'm a burned-out conduit
flash-fried
by the fierceness of my passion
unless
unless it wasn't mine after all

wouldn't that be the ultimate
slap
to my already shredded heart
the passion that ruled me
wasn't even mine
nothing to look back on
nothing to smile gently about in my dotage
nothing to warn little carbon-copies of myself about

so I guess it's full circle after all
comfortably numb
only able to hear other's voices
my own voice destroyed or removed
given to a more suitable user
(there'll be nobody home)

Oh mio fancilluo vedrai
Vai vedrai che un sorriso
Nasconde spesso un gran' dolore
Vai vedrai follia del uomo

No comments: